Summer is already knocking on the door and Pantone Institute has announced the Spring Summer 2019 color palette. Lively hues supported by an array of reliable classics define the spring/summer 2019 color story for men’s and women’s fashion.
1. Fiesta: A festive orange-red, Fiesta radiates energy, passion, and excitement.
2. Jester Red : Adding depth and intensity, Jester Red combines rich elegance with urbanity.
3. Turmeric Yellow: Turmeric is an enlivening orange that infuses a hint of pungency into the palette.
4. Living Coral : Living Coral is an affable and animating shade whose golden undertone gives it a softer edge.
5. Pink Peacock: The tantalizingly theatrical Pink Peacock fans out to a feast for the eyes.
6. Pepper Stem: Zesty yellow-green Pepper Stem encourages our desire for nature’s healthy bounty.
7. Aspen Gold : Brightening our day, sunny Aspen Gold stimulates feelings of joy and good cheer.
8. Princess Blue : Princess Blue, a majestic royal blue hue, glistens and gleams.
9. Toffee: Deliciously irresistible, tasteful Toffee whets the appetite.
10. Mango Mojito: The golden yellow Mango Mojito feeds our craving for pleasant comforts.
11. Terrarium Moss : Terrarium Moss conjures up thoughts of flourishing foliage and the physical beauty in the natural world.
12. Sweet Lilac : An endearing pink infused lavender, Sweet Lilac’s easy and gentle manner quietly charms.
Neutral colors help to put the focus on other colors or serve to tone down colors that might otherwise be overpowering on their own. To some extent, blacks, browns, tans, golds, and beige are considered warm. Cooler colors, on the other hand, are white, ivory, silver, and gray.
This season’s classics work well on their own, but also serve as a foundation for distinctive color contrasts.